Location, location, location
Oftentimes planning a wedding can seem to be an endless list of making decisions. And while yes, this can get to be incredibly stressful, the outcome of all of these choices (YOUR WEDDING!) is something that’s pretty dang wonderful to look forward to. Let one of these decisions cause you no strife: choosing your engagement photo session location!
This is after all, all about you and your partner’s declaration of love. And with your engagement photo session, you get to commemorate some truly beautiful fleeting moments before you exchange vows and your special day.
These photos can not only be hung up in the home you’ve built together, but they can also be used for your save the dates as well as your invites. Therefore, these photos can set the entire tone for your ceremony!
Having shot countless sessions and after getting to know so many amazing couples, I’ve learned a thing or two about choosing the location that works best for you and your fiancé. Here are some ideas to help you choose the perfect setting:
- The special spot: Think about the places that mean the most to you both – where you got engaged, your favorite date night spot (the beach, brewery, movies, restaurant, etc), a family cabin…whether it’s regularly frequented or where special occasions happen, it’s special to you and that’s what matters the most!
- The fun activity: There’s something fun about photos in motion, so with this option you’ll be doing ‘something’ while we shoot. This can be – going on a sailboat, hot air balloon, baking pizza at home, having a picnic…you’ll be sure to have a ton of lifestyle images with this option!
- The essence of you: Share what you’re all about as a couple! Are you adventurous? Let’s be out in nature. Are you homebodies? An at home sesh it is! Let’s capture what you love to do together.
- The neighborhood: This can be a great way to commemorate and remember your first home and neighborhood together. In front of your house, on the street as well as down the street, we’ll capture the places that’ll bring you back to all of your favorite memories.
I love a coordinating with the scenery moment, and Sophie & Jake are no exception!
- The wedding venue: Drop some hints as to where your wedding is going to be taking place at. Is it going to be: on the beach, at a cathedral, a winery, your home? Keep your venue in mind while picking your engagement session location, and it’ll all tie in together beautifully.
I love how Christine & Chris brought their bestie to their shoot
No matter where you choose, take comfort in the fact that because you chose that spot it is instantaneously important and special. This is the start of you making decisions as a married couple, so don’t forget to have some fun with it!
It is an absolute honor to capture moments of the love between a couple, and I hope to do that for you.
To book your engagement session, click HERE!